Overtime alerts notify you when your employees are approaching or have met their daily or weekly overtime threshold. Set alerts by department or employee and receive them via text or email to fit the needs of your business.
Note: You must have at least one department with overtime enabled to setup overtime alerts.
To set up overtime alerts, you will need to complete the following steps in the setup wizard:
1. Setup Alerts
2. Select Alert Groups
3. Select Alert Recipients
4. Contact Information
1. Login to your uAttend account.
2. Click the Departments tab, then choose Alerts. The Overtime Alerts dashboard will display.
3. Select the types of alerts you'd like to receive for Weekly or Daily overtime.
- Approaching Overtime — sends an alert when an employee is nearing overtime.
- Overtime Met — sends an alert once an employee has reached overtime.
4. Specify the alert threshold for approaching overtime. For example, if you would like to be notified five hours before an employee approaches weekly overtime, enter 05:00.
Note: You can only setup one alert threshold for weekly or daily overtime. Alert thresholds can only be entered in 15 minute increments.
5. Select at least one method for receiving alerts.
6. Click Continue.
Select Alert Groups
1. Select to the departments or employees for which you wish to receive alerts.
When a department is selected, you will receive overtime alerts for all employees in that department. To turn off receiving overtime alerts for individual employees, deselect them from the Employees section. Click the sort option in the Employees section to display employees by name or department.
Please note, only departments with weekly or daily overtime will display in this list.
2. To automatically enable overtime alerts for all future departments and employees within those departments, enable All Future Departments.
3. Click Continue.
Select Alert Recipients
1. Select the Administrators or Supervisors to receive overtime alerts.
By default, administrators will receive alerts for all departments and supervisors will receive alerts for all responsible departments.
2. Optionally turn off sending alerts by individuals or by department. If administrators or supervisors are receiving alerts for a portion of departments, the number of departments for which they're receiving alerts will display.
- Individuals — To turn off sending overtime alerts for individual recipients, deselect the respective administrators or supervisors. This will ensure they will not receive overtime alerts for any department or employee.
- Departments — To turn off sending overtime alerts for individual recipients by department, deselect the respective departments for each administrator or supervisor. This will ensure they will not receive overtime alerts for any department or employee.
3. To automatically send overtime alerts for all future administrators, enable All Future Administrators. When enabled, all future administrators added to your account will receive overtime alerts, given they have an email address or phone number.
4. To automatically send overtime alerts for all future administrators, enable All Future Supervisors. When enabled, all future supervisors added to your account will receive overtime alerts, given they are assigned a department group with overtime alerts enabled, and have an email address or phone number.
5. Click Continue.
1. Enter or update the contact information for those receiving alerts.
Note: any administrator or supervisor without contact information will not receive alerts.
2. Click Finish.
Your Alerts Dashboard will display.