To set up users for punching in on a time clock with a fingerprint scanner, you will need to register their fingerprints.
Registering a fingerprint template requires interaction with both the time clock and your uAttend account. First, follow these steps on your time clock:
1. Press the MENU key.
2. Enter the default password (53178), if it has not been changed, and press OK.
3. From the time clock menu, select the first option, User Management.
4. Select Add User.
5. When prompted, enter a 6-digit numeric ID code for the fingerprint template.
You can set a new ID code for each fingerprint or
use the system-generated ID codes. We recommend using the user’s birth
date as an ID code. For example, a birthdate of June 16, 1984 would be
registered as “061684.” Each template must be assigned a unique code.
6. When prompted, the user should press their finger firmly on the sensor until you hear a beeping sound. The user should then remove their finger from the sensor. This process will be repeated two more times with the same finger.
NOTE: If you wish, you can repeat the fingerprint scanning process for the same user with a different finger, so that they can have a back-up template. If you choose to scan a second fingerprint, it will also require a unique fingerprint ID. We recommend using the user’s birthdate in reverse order as the ID code.
Next, follow these steps from your uAttend account:
1. Click the Settings tab on the main menu.
2. Click the Punch Management link.
3. Click the Assign Users link that appears next to the name of the time clock that you used to register the fingerprint templates.
4. Assign the fingerprint template to the user.
5. To confirm that the scan was successful, you can click the Users tab, select the user's name from the list, and click Punch Management.
The fingerprint ID and color-coded fingerprint icon representing the time clock series will appear.
IMPORTANT: Our time clocks use an
advanced fingerprint sensor. Despite the quality of the sensor, there is
a segment of the population with fingerprints that will not record.
These users can still use the time clocks to punch in and out by using a
PIN. For more information, see Setting Up Users for PIN Punching.
Transferring Fingerprint Templates to Other Time Clocks
Transferring a fingerprint template to additional time clocks requires interaction with both the time clock and your uAttend account.
Note: Fingerprint template transfers will not work from older model time clocks (BN3000/BN4000) to newer model time clocks (BN6000/BN6500). Employees will have to re-register their fingerprints on the newer model time clocks to punch in using fingerprint scanner.
Follow these steps from your uAttend account:
1. Click the Users tab on the main menu.
2. Click the Manage Fingerprint Templates link.
3. Use the drop-down menu to select the time clock(s) to which you wish to transfer the templates.
4. Check all of the fingerprint templates that you wish to transfer.
5. Click Submit.
Follow these steps on each time clock that you selected to receive the templates:
1. Press the MENU key.
2. Enter the default password (53178) if it has not been changed, then press OK.
The User Management icon will be selected.
3. Press OK.
4. Scroll to select Download Templates, using the down arrow key.
5. Press OK.
6. Wait for the templates to download to the time clock.
7. At the Success screen, press OK.